A SEO Backlink is Page links from one website to another website means when one website links to another with an anchor text.
Example: If Site A has a external link to Site B means Site B has a backlink from Site A. Therefore, this is a backlink to the target Site i.e. Site B.
There are two things related to Backlink
1. Create a Backlink :
2. Earn a back Backlink :
In this post we will discuss in details .but before this lets understand more about Backlinks.
Why are backlinks important?
- backlinks can help you PageRank higher in search engines such as Google and Microsoft Bing.
- Backlinks is a kind of indicator of how popular your website is?
- Google and other major search engines consider backlinks as specific page “votes”.
- votes tells search engines: specific content is valuable and very useful.
Backlinks are basically votes from other websites
Earning backlinks is an essential component of off-site SEO.
Importance of backlinks in SEO
not all backlinks are equal
- Backlinks come from trusted, authoritative websites
- Backlinks Include your target keyword in the link’s anchor text
- The Site which linking to you is related to your Site
- Backlink is a "Dofollow" Link
- Backlink is from a domain that hasn’t linked to you before
- Webmention technique comes under quality backlinks
Imagine your website has 2 different web pages and each page has backlinks from different external domains.
- Page X has 2 backlinks
- Page Y has 1 backlinks
If Both 2 pages is about the same topic, Page X would rank higher than Page B.
Since Page A has Two times as many links than Page B . So the link from Page A is more valuable than the link from Page B because it has a higher authority.
How to get backlinks from high-authority sites?
Best way to get backlinks from high-authority sites is to write quality content for your Site.
Follow vs. no follow backlinks
Follow backlinks: A follow link does pass link equity
no follow backlinks: A no follow link does not pass link equity
How to Create Backlinks for Your Site
For this we can use many link building strategies as listed below.
- Blog Commenting
- Directory Submission
- Forum Posting
- Social Bookmarking