@Drupal installation windows
Two ways to download/install drupal in windows.
1.Install Drupal using the standard web interface(browser)
First install composer on your machine.
this will create a project in 'your-project-name' and automatically executes composer install to download the latest stable version of Drupal and all its dependencies.
Created a sites/default/settings.php file with chmod 0666
Created a sites/default/files directory with chmod 0777
Select an installation profile
error:PHP OPCODE CACHING
open php.ini file and so some changes as below
Right configuration example
engine = On
WRONG configuration example
complete the installation Using drupal/recommended-project template by using browser
* Install the site: https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/install
* Read the user guide: https://www.drupal.org/docs/user_guide/en/index.html
* Get support: https://www.drupal.org/support
* Get involved with the Drupal community:
* Remove the plugin that prints this message:
composer remove drupal/core-project-message
* Homepage: https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal
* docs: https://www.drupal.org/docs/user_guide/en/index.html
* chat: https://www.drupal.org/node/314178
PHP OPCODE CACHING
2.Install Drupal using the command line
we can use either Drush or Drupal console to install Drupal from the command line.
By using Drush
Add Drush in your project globally or locally by running:
composer require drush/drush.
composer global require drush/drush
This will download and install your project automatically.